Friday, December 6, 2013

Moggin' with Tabards - Tabard of the Hand, Leather (Sam's Transmog Contest)

So here is my second entry (leather version) for Samaramon's Transmog Contest. To reiterate, this contest is to design a transmog to go with Tabard of the Hand, the tabard that Draenei get in their starting zone from completing The Unwritten Prophecy.

This transmog would be for a Draenei monk, and if I had to choose, I'd say that this was my favorite of the four mogs that I put together for the contest.

My goal here was to choose armor pieces with similar shades of grey and orange that were used in the tabard, and then get kind of a blended look going on. See how the orange on the lower part of the tabard is darker, and it gradually gets lighter as it moves up the tabard? What I tried do do was something similar with all of the armor she is wearing. I used gear with darker shades of orange on her feet & legs and chose lighter pieces (still in the same shade) as they got higher on her body. The orange used on her shoulders & head are almost identical to the shade at the top of the tabard.

What's nice about this mog, is that the items used aren't that difficult to obtain either, and some of the pieces even have identical-looking alternatives.


Items used in this Transmog & Source:

Other-Eye Patch - Quest reward from Our Mortal Enemies
Mantle of Perenolde - Drops from Epoch Hunter, Old Hillsbrad Foothills (Normal Mode)
Time Twisted Tunic - Murozond's Temporal Cache, End Time (Heroic Mode)
Gloves of Holy Might - level 40 - 45ish world drop
Scouting Trousers - Most commonly dropped by level 21 - 25 rare spawns
Corehound Boots - Leatherworking (295)
Amber Scythe of Klaxxi'vess - Purchased with gold from Ambersmith Zikk <Klaxxi Quartermaster>

See this transmog on other models: Wowhead item comparison of this set

Mail and Plate entries coming up next!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! That gradient effect works wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, you were commenting on my blog at the exact time I was looking over your entries for the contest (which are awesome btw), haha what are the odds? And ty for the compliment!

      Delete